One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quality that includes the essential human virtues; compassion and humanity.‘there is a need for understanding not vengeance, ubuntu not victimization’
- ‘Speaking during the Senior Citizens' Day at the weekend, hosted by Rhema Mthatha Christian Church, MaMbeki singled out ubuntu as one solution to the problems facing society.’
- ‘‘This is a demonstration of ubuntu, a show of humanity to other people,’ says Mdlulwa.’
- ‘He referred to Africa's concept of ubuntu, equating compassion with it, and bringing smiles to many audience members' faces.’
- ‘I hope the summit will bring together a spirit of humanity - ubuntu - for sustainable development.’
- ‘The beauty of ubuntu is that it includes empathy, humbleness, compassion, mutual respect, sharing and caring.’
- ‘Its objective is to revive the spirit of ubuntu, using all available resources and harnessing all initiatives in government, business, and civil society organisations and institutions to work towards restoring moral fibre in society.’
Xhosa and Zulu.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.