One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sauce of Greek origin, made from yogurt, garlic, and cucumbers.
- ‘But don't expect traditional Greek fare like skewers of chicken souvlaki, tzatziki and rice pilaf.’
- ‘Hummus, taramasalata, tzatziki, moussaka, souvlaki - all the greatest hits are present and correct in Aberdeen's only Greek restaurant.’
- ‘Calamari was deep-fried and served with tzatziki (a yogurt, garlic and cucumber sauce).’
- ‘There is also a Greek cuisine promotion, which features quasi-traditional Greek dishes, including the appetizer platter with pita bread, hummus, tzatziki, eggplant dressing, Greek yogurt and feta cheese.’
- ‘The scientists from Glasgow University were astounded at how quickly tzatziki, souvlaki and Greek salads were replaced with burgers, fish suppers and Scotch pies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.