One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In truth thy Lord destroyed not the townships tyrannously while their folk were doing right.’
- ‘The Wall Street Journal published the longest editorial in its history, asserting that the crisis was rooted in the moral sewer of the 1960s, and the tyrannously high marginal income-tax rates.’
- ‘Both women, when given something to argue passionately, whether it's Elizabeth's adamancy about creating order in the world or Grace's plea that a culture not be tyrannously usurped, do so with vigor.’
- ‘So it angers and saddens me terribly that our officials despotically ignore the rule of law and tyrannously usurp powers not rightfully theirs.’
- ‘This is not news, but the trailer was tyrannously trapped inside the publisher's website.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.