One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The tyrannicidal undertaking proves, however, to be more difficult than the young man imagined, also because the private Napoleon is far different from his reputation as a ruthless tyrant.’
- ‘By celebrating his tyrannicidal, republic-loving ancestors, Brutus shows his agenda very clearly, and his assassination of Caesar on March 15th, 44BC should come as no surprise to anyone who had bothered to pay attention to the propaganda of his coinage.’
- ‘I must have bit my lips not to reply that I suddenly felt a strong tyrannicidal urge.’
- ‘This explains why Philip III welcomed the tyrannicidal De. rege as an advice book that represented his own virtue as a ruler.’
- ‘Holstun analyzes how Felton in this poem ‘proclaims his tyrannicidal affiliations, maintaining nominal piety and obedience as a civil subject while asserting his status as a divinely sanctioned tyrannicide’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.