A particular design of type.
- ‘Some years after that, I was involved in the design of a typeface for displaying text on television screens.’
- ‘During the next 500 years, many printers in many lands invented better presses, designed new typefaces, many of great beauty.’
- ‘It could mean better on-screen reading of newspaper Web sites, if different typefaces are designed specifically for electronic editions.’
- ‘They should use a typeface designed specifically for screen display like Arial, Geneva, Verdana, or Georgia.’
- ‘The new Guardian masthead and typeface is based on Guardian Egyptian - a typeface specially designed by Barnes and Schwartz to combine historical references with European and American typographical excellence.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.