One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See type founder
- ‘In 1739 he returned to St Andrews and, in 1742, he set up a type foundry.’
- ‘It's like there was a horrible accident at the type foundry down the road.’
- ‘The Font Bureau, a Boston-based type foundry, provided typeface information for 12 of those 15 newspapers.’
- ‘Likewise, the exhibition ‘Pressa,’ held in Koln in 1928, was devoted to presses and publications, printers and type foundries, newspapers and the art of the book.’
- ‘As the managing director of a type foundry, he was one of the country's leading experts on typography and published a standard work on the subject, reprinted as recently as 1952.’
type foundry/ˈtīp ˌfoundrē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.