A designer and maker of metal type.
- ‘Wolfgang Endter, Der Buchdrucker, Setzer and Schriftgiesser (printer, compositor, and type founder), was entombed in 1651.’
- ‘One of the best type founders was William A. Parkes, of 56 Sutherland Place, Wolverhampton.’
- ‘The text of this book was set in Linotype Sabon, named after the type founder, Jacques Sabon.’
- ‘Every digital type founder that I have since spoken to complains of sharing abuses.’
- ‘Being a printer or a punchcutter or a type founder in those days was not necessarily a safe job.’
type founder/ˈtīp ˌfoundər/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.