One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A personality type characterized by ambition, high energy, and competitiveness, and thought to be susceptible to stress and heart disease.as modifier ‘teaching people with Type A personalities to keep their anger in check’‘the old Type A would have savagely ripped the package into many pieces’
- ‘This finding suggests that the speed and impatience component of the Type A behavior pattern might be related more strongly to cognitive failures.’
- ‘Individuals with a Type A personality and professional athletes - who constantly push themselves and desire to compete and achieve perfection - are more likely to develop the condition than others are, notes Ribblett.’
- ‘In the old terminology we used to call these people the Type A personality.’
- ‘Closer supervision may be needed for students with high competitiveness and Type A personalities.’
- ‘This was back in the eighties when the Type A personality's relationship to heart attack was first being bandied about.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.