One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A pair of people considered together.
couple, pair, duo, duologyView synonyms
- ‘The author also takes a chance and introduces a new character to join the terrible twosome.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, it has become a popular eat-out for the corporates, families and for the cosy twosomes.’
- ‘The twosome honeymooned in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.’
- ‘Of course, some famous twosomes have managed to keep love alive while working together.’
- ‘There are also couples who are so close that they become the dominant twosome, and simply don't allow children to interfere with their intimacy and have great times together.’
- ‘The loving twosome will live in Charleston, SC.’
- ‘When Risberg, who had stepped out for a bit, re-entered with roses and a ring, Hanna exited, leaving the lovebirds a happy twosome…’
- ‘Passed over for membership on several occasions, the twosome threatened court action to reverse their exclusion, an argument backed by the province's Equality Commission.’
- ‘This is good news for classical music lovers, as the twosome will perform at the Chowdiah Memorial Hall here at 7.15 p.m. on March 27.’
- ‘Classic American wanderers go in twosomes across the land, where European ones, from Ulysses to Wilfred Thesiger, travel most typically alone.’
- ‘Metro Atlanta is where the loving twosome will reside.’
- ‘Now, the violin-playing twosome also credit their time spent busking in towns across northern England with giving them their first vital professional break.’
- ‘In reality, many of your clients will be twosomes - couples - and you will often find that they have conflicting tastes.’
- ‘It is specially designed for our needs,’ the twosome declare proudly.’
- ‘The loving twosome will make their new life together by residing in the Windy City.’
- ‘Eventually, the three twosomes end up in Omaha, Nebraska, where there is a karaoke contest offering a $5,000 grand prize.’
- ‘Having exchanged sacred marital vows, the loving twosome will make their home in Antioch, CA.’
- ‘The loving twosome will make their home in South Beach, FL.’
- ‘The consequences for the terrible twosome could be dire. Whilst at this stage the hearing is attempting to get to the heart of the union's financial woes, legal action couldn't be far off.’
- ‘Every superhero has an origin story and this talented twosome is no exception.’
- 1.1 A game or dance for or involving two people.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.