One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bicycle or motorcycle.
- ‘And none would oppose the idea of preserving the bridge with two-wheelers and three-wheelers being allowed to pass through it.’
- ‘They ride around on rickety old bikes to make it obvious that their two-wheelers have spent decades rusting in the sea air.’
- ‘The two-wheelers felt like riding a very twitchy bike that was murder to balance.’
- ‘In the city, there has been any number of instances of stray dogs attacking morning strollers or passing two-wheelers, causing accidents in the process.’
- ‘For the more observant, it will soon become evident, that the men, the ones who with enough money to go to work on two-wheelers, leave a lot to be desired in their attire.’
- ‘A separate lane for bicycles, and even powered two-wheelers, and manned pedestrian crossings have become necessary.’
- ‘With great prices and impressive looks, these two-wheelers put the motor in motorcycle’
- ‘Cars and two-wheelers stood cheek by jowl along the sides of the road linking Race Course Road and Avanashi Road, until the parking space was completely full.’
- ‘Jack watched proudly as a boy of seven rode his first two-wheeler bicycle down the pavement of a quiet suburban street in a line that would never resemble straight.’
- ‘The next bike is going to be a two-wheeler, probably without the training wheels that she depends upon so much.’
- ‘Barring a few participants, who used four-wheelers, the rest meandered through the congested roads and lanes of the city in two-wheelers.’
- ‘There, two-wheelers and bicycles have been accepted as the common man's vehicle.’
- ‘Some of them had motorcycles and two-wheelers and all of them had independent one-storied houses.’
- ‘Accompanied by a motorcade of about 500 two-wheelers, the rally went around town.’
- ‘And even as two-wheelers enjoy more favor in the U.S. due to Armstrong's success, the long-term trend is down.’
- ‘A flat tyre or breakdown of your two-wheeler should not bother you anymore in the city.’
- ‘Many Chinese still cycle, even if two-wheelers are no longer basic transportation.’
- ‘But Reema, another student, seems to be looking forward to this ban as she feels that the youngsters are using two-wheelers only to show off.’
- ‘Meanwhile, two-wheelers take advantage of their own maneuverability and fill into any available space including unmotorable footpaths.’
- ‘In the city alone, 4,754 vehicles are registered daily, out of which 2,556 are two-wheelers and 652 are cars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.