Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a test) testing for deviation from the null hypothesis in both directions.
- ‘All tests were two-tailed, and statistical significance was considered for p [is less than] 0.05.’
- ‘All tests are two-tailed, and statistical significance is considered at P < 0.05.’
- ‘Statistical tests were two-tailed and significance levels of alpha = 0.05 were used.’
- ‘In all the statistical analyses, two-tailed tests and a significance level of p [is less than or equal to].05 were used.’
- ‘All statistical significance tests were two-tailed and performed at the 5% level.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.