Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a test) testing for deviation from the null hypothesis in both directions.
- ‘All tests were two-tailed, and statistical significance was considered for p [is less than] 0.05.’
- ‘In all the statistical analyses, two-tailed tests and a significance level of p [is less than or equal to].05 were used.’
- ‘All tests are two-tailed, and statistical significance is considered at P < 0.05.’
- ‘All statistical significance tests were two-tailed and performed at the 5% level.’
- ‘Statistical tests were two-tailed and significance levels of alpha = 0.05 were used.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.