Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a member of an American Indian people) gay, lesbian, or transgender.
- ‘Clark also recorded his observations of cross-dressing Native American two-spirited people.’
- ‘I come from the Native American background of two-spirited people, which allows us to go against the dominant sexual orientation and gender roles of the majority.’
- ‘According to the new constitution, the collective will "strive to be an anti-oppression organisation that welcomes queer, two-spirited, transgender, transsexual, and genderqueer people."’
- ‘These people were not chosen as community leaders and the elders did not teach the community to follow these two-spirited people.’
- ‘In the two-spirited world I have stumbled on, I found that this group maintains a sense of family and a sense of dignity.’
- ‘One exception is Aboriginal nationalism, which includes a tradition of "two-spirited peoples."’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.