One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vehicle or piece of furniture with seating for two people.
- ‘With one big leap they all stood from the two-seater couch that had been seating four and took deep breaths.’
- ‘He reached for her, but she discouraged him momentarily with a gesture, directing him to sit down on a maroon two-seater sofa.’
- ‘Niche cars are out of control in the modern world and if you want a two-seater Sports Utility MPV Hatchback Turbo, you'll find it somewhere.’
- ‘I sat down next to him on our beige two-seater couch, folding my hands in my lap.’
- ‘Consequently, a two-seater van would not be practical.’
- ‘Now you're ready to speed off and enjoy the rare glory that is topless motoring in a high-performance two-seater.’
- ‘Adrian found his way around the shoes and handed Nicky a cup of coffee, before sitting at the other end of the two-seater sofa.’
- ‘It was making so much noise I moved out into the lounge room to sleep but unfortunately my sofas are only two-seaters and very uncomfortable for sleeping.’
- ‘When BMW, Mercedes and Porsche introduced two-seaters at twice the Miata's sticker, the category exploded.’
- ‘There is no such rule as one backside per seat; four people can and will squeeze onto a two-seater bench.’
- ‘The damage to the lounge area was considerable, taking its toll of two two-seater settees, desks, cabinets, carpets and curtains.’
- ‘In the back is a two-seater settee that converts into a double bed.’
- ‘In the meantime I have placed the brown squab couch adjacent the grey two-seater sofa bed, and voila - my own lounger in the window.’
- ‘Juice was sitting on the two-seater sofa and Sarah took her place next to him, pouring them each a drink.’
- ‘First is the Opel Speedster, a two-seater sportscar in the no-compromise tradition.’
- ‘Closeness to their passenger presumably fosters romance too, a traditional if sometimes overlooked virtue of the two-seater roadster.’
- ‘There was a comfy-looking two-seater sofa across from a small television set, and Mark seemed to be heading towards it.’
- ‘This two-seater roadster looks much better with the roof down rather than up; it is transformed into an Audi TT wannabe at a fraction of the price.’
- ‘Rear passenger space is a bit on the small side, almost making this a two-seater, but you could shoehorn in a couple of adults at a push.’
- ‘Lewis had been drinking and was ‘showing off’ to two teenage boys sitting together in the passenger seat of his two-seater sports car.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.