(of an electric generator, motor, or other device) designed to supply or use simultaneously two separate alternating currents of the same voltage, but with phases differing by half a period.
- ‘In rural areas, thousands of farmers had installed capacitors on electric water pumps to run these on two-phase supply meant for household use.’
- ‘Officials say that the consumers in the villages of the district will get 10 hours of assured three-phase supply for running their tubewells and two hours of two-phase supply in the evening.’
- ‘The mainboard has a two-phase impulse CPU and an impulse DDR DIMM voltage regulator.’
- ‘The CPU voltage regulator is a two-phase one (which could have pushed the company engineers to use active cooling).’
- ‘They are suitable for use with any standard two-phase stepper motor and offer four, user - selectable resolution settings.’