One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He painted naturalistic works with elements of Cézanne's dashed surfaces, before adopting an expressive two-dimensionality before the First World War.’
- ‘In fact, the narrow strips that he placed next to each other were parallel and undeviating in their two-dimensionality.’
- ‘They hit the ball so much harder and better than you can imagine - or than television's flat two-dimensionality can convey - that you will never again make the mistake of dismissing golf as ‘not a sport.’’
- ‘The two-dimensionality of ‘manga’ often results in an overall patterning and flattening of colors and shapes, which, according to Murakami, ‘provides a parallel space in which to escape from the pressures of society.’’
- ‘But the power of his performance only underlines the two-dimensionality of the part as it lies in the text.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.