One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not arranged or moving in a straight line; winding.‘a twisty country road’
winding, windy, twisting, turning, full of twists and turns, bending, bendy, zigzag, zigzagging, meandering, curving, sinuous, snaking, snaky, tortuousView synonyms
- ‘Origami is very easy when you know what to do, but if you take the sculpture apart, it is very twisty and bendy and odd on the inside.’
- ‘I got to the top and found that what Jackson was scared of was this long twisty slide you had to take to get down to the ground again.’
- ‘Either way, I just don't like driving at high speeds along twisty mountain roads.’
- ‘This line from the movie perfectly sums up the twisty, fascinating premise of this very absorbing movie.’
- ‘Thanks to this, the car remains flat and stable during cornering, even in a series of twisty bends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.