Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Intricate or convoluted dealings or circumstances.‘the twists and turns of her political career’
- ‘This play has all the twists and turns, unexpected revelations and dark secrets you would expect from a good thriller.’
- ‘However all is not quite as it seems, and the audience is taken on a journey of twists and turns, with laughs and a few surprises along the way.’
- ‘There are so many intricate details and twists and turns to keep you guessing throughout this film.’
- ‘This film has so many twists and turns and you will either be on the edge of your seat or be totally confused by the end of the film.’
- ‘The story is interesting and there are enough twists and turns to keep the plot moving.’
- ‘While still faithful to traditional music, Ryan introduced some twists and turns of his own.’
- ‘For all of the deliberate twists and turns, the film's action is little more than aimless.’
- ‘These days, she is sanguine about the twists and turns of her career.’
- ‘It's how we face the twists and turns in our life that determine our future.’
- ‘A writer has to grow with the twists and turns of history, with the vitality that permeates life.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.