One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intricate or convoluted dealings or circumstances.‘the twists and turns of her political career’
- ‘While still faithful to traditional music, Ryan introduced some twists and turns of his own.’
- ‘It's how we face the twists and turns in our life that determine our future.’
- ‘This play has all the twists and turns, unexpected revelations and dark secrets you would expect from a good thriller.’
- ‘The story is interesting and there are enough twists and turns to keep the plot moving.’
- ‘These days, she is sanguine about the twists and turns of her career.’
- ‘For all of the deliberate twists and turns, the film's action is little more than aimless.’
- ‘This film has so many twists and turns and you will either be on the edge of your seat or be totally confused by the end of the film.’
- ‘However all is not quite as it seems, and the audience is taken on a journey of twists and turns, with laughs and a few surprises along the way.’
- ‘A writer has to grow with the twists and turns of history, with the vitality that permeates life.’
- ‘There are so many intricate details and twists and turns to keep you guessing throughout this film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.