One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intricate or convoluted dealings or circumstances.‘the twists and turns of her political career’
- ‘However all is not quite as it seems, and the audience is taken on a journey of twists and turns, with laughs and a few surprises along the way.’
- ‘There are so many intricate details and twists and turns to keep you guessing throughout this film.’
- ‘It's how we face the twists and turns in our life that determine our future.’
- ‘The story is interesting and there are enough twists and turns to keep the plot moving.’
- ‘This play has all the twists and turns, unexpected revelations and dark secrets you would expect from a good thriller.’
- ‘While still faithful to traditional music, Ryan introduced some twists and turns of his own.’
- ‘These days, she is sanguine about the twists and turns of her career.’
- ‘For all of the deliberate twists and turns, the film's action is little more than aimless.’
- ‘A writer has to grow with the twists and turns of history, with the vitality that permeates life.’
- ‘This film has so many twists and turns and you will either be on the edge of your seat or be totally confused by the end of the film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.