A control operated manually by twisting, especially one serving as a handgrip for operating the throttle on a motorcycle or for changing gear on a bicycle.
- ‘A twist-grip throttle suitable for all controllers made by 4QD. 90° twist gives zero to full speed.’
- ‘The present invention relates to an integrated twist-grip switch for the shifting of bicycle gears, such as multi-speed hubs or derailleur shifts.’
- ‘I turned on the ignition switch and gave the twist-grip throttle a quick flick.’
- ‘This device plugs into the end of a drop handlebar and provides a 7/8’ diameter straight extension, permitting you to mount a twist-grip shifter.’
- ‘Collars are available in four anodized colors, and compatible grips come in regular and twist-grip length.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.