Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A control operated manually by twisting, especially one serving as a handgrip for operating the throttle on a motorcycle or for changing gear on a bicycle.
- ‘Collars are available in four anodized colors, and compatible grips come in regular and twist-grip length.’
- ‘I turned on the ignition switch and gave the twist-grip throttle a quick flick.’
- ‘The present invention relates to an integrated twist-grip switch for the shifting of bicycle gears, such as multi-speed hubs or derailleur shifts.’
- ‘This device plugs into the end of a drop handlebar and provides a 7/8’ diameter straight extension, permitting you to mount a twist-grip shifter.’
- ‘A twist-grip throttle suitable for all controllers made by 4QD. 90° twist gives zero to full speed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.