An African waxbill with white-spotted black underparts, the male typically having a reddish face and breast.
- ‘I am always looking for more twinspots, and parrot finches that I don't have.’
- ‘The park's 200-odd bird species range from the iconic fish eagle to the jewel-like Peter's twinspots that hop tamely around the visitors’ centre.’
- ‘Bird life in the camp is a special feature with many species of robin, purple-crested lourie, narina trogan and pink-throated twinspots among the special treats.’
- ‘We have 7 species of robin, large flocks of crested guinea fowl, purple-crested lourie - the national bird, narina trogan and pink-throated and green twinspots among the special treats.’
- ‘I searched the internet but couldn't find a date as to when the twinspots were protected.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.