Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting an engine having two camshafts.
- ‘It now has a twin-cam 16 valve head and common rail direct injection is used, along with the usual turbocharger and intercooler.’
- ‘It's the same straight six, twin-cam motor that brought Jaguar five of its seven Le Mans wins and was in production from 1948 to 1985.’
- ‘Beneath the special paint, by the way, there is a 225-hp, 1.8-liter, five-valve turbocharged twin-cam engine; a six-speed manual gearbox, and quattro permanent all-wheel-drive.’
- ‘The twin-cam, four-valve engine puts out 240 hp at 4,800 rpm and 315 lb ft, of torque at 3,400 rpm.’
- ‘Because of the sheer size and the monstrous 1 ½ ton bulk, the poor old 2 litre twin-cam engine is completely out of its depth.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.