One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See twin bed
- ‘Am I happy that we insisted on them taking the other twin-bedded room!’
- ‘Accommodation: 14 colonial-style twin-bedded rooms, six twin-bedded riverside cottages and five comfortable tents, overlooking the Kabini, with attached modern baths.’
- ‘The £200,000 refurbishment of the block, which was farm workers' cottages until the estate was sold and became a hotel in the 1940s, has created 12 single rooms, one twin-bedded room, a communal kitchen and rest room and a laundry.’
- ‘Included in the price are two nights' accommodation berthed in Amsterdam and one night in Volendam, buffet breakfast on board, twin-bedded en suite cabin, a visit to Delft, return coach travel and ferry crossings.’
- ‘Alta Vista, with its six twin-bedded rooms and one suite, is reckoned to be the most exclusive - and expensive - of Patagonia's estancia hotels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.