Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting vision of normal sharpness.→ 20/20
- ‘I guess my twenty-twenty eyesight went out with the lights.’
- ‘They slowly faded into the lenses, leaving only crystalline images, better than twenty-twenty vision.’
- ‘It didn't take twenty-twenty vision to see the worry cross her features.’
- ‘For example we could make sure they had something as simple as twenty-twenty vision, or something as complicated as great strength.’
- ‘‘I took you to the optometrist and she said that you had perfect twenty-twenty vision… I don't understand machines these days… ‘she mumbled to herself and walked back out.’’
The Snellen fraction for normal visual acuity (see Snellen test).
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.