One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting vision of normal sharpness.
- ‘They slowly faded into the lenses, leaving only crystalline images, better than twenty-twenty vision.’
- ‘I guess my twenty-twenty eyesight went out with the lights.’
- ‘For example we could make sure they had something as simple as twenty-twenty vision, or something as complicated as great strength.’
- ‘‘I took you to the optometrist and she said that you had perfect twenty-twenty vision… I don't understand machines these days… ‘she mumbled to herself and walked back out.’’
- ‘It didn't take twenty-twenty vision to see the worry cross her features.’
Late 19th century: the Snellen fraction for normal visual acuity (see Snellen test).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.