One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- British term for twelve-gauge
- ‘Walters was sentenced to life for murder and handed an eight-year concurrent jail term for possessing a twelve-bore shotgun.’
- ‘The severe gale blows the individual raindrops horizontally at you - with what feels like the force of a twelve-bore shotgun.’
- ‘And if I catch any of them trespassing on my land, or looking at my begonias a bit funny, I'm sending Nichols down with the twelve-bore.’
- ‘If you possess any piece of tweed clothing, a handlebar moustache or a manservant, you may proceed to blast the bird in question with a twelve-bore shotgun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.