Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Suitable for posting on the social media site Twitter.‘the president delivered a great collection of tweetable lines this morning’
- ‘Finally, write tweetable press release headlines.’
- ‘If you are asked to be a guest, be sure to have the prepared questions ahead of time so you can get ready with a few tweetable responses.’
- ‘Provide tweetable "nuggets" in your blog posts.’
- ‘It's a girls-behaving-badly hoot, and the scripts crackle with tweetable lines.’
- ‘He quipped the most tweetable quote from our Social Media ROI conference in New York.’
- ‘Sharp had a tweetable soundbite - "we have shifted from a 24-hours news cycle to a 140 character one".’
- ‘Finish with a strong, memorable, tweetable phrase that people will want to share with their friends.’
- ‘I was impressed by his openness, his willingness to admit mistakes, and his talent for summing them up in tweetable sound bites’
- ‘In short, the videos were a treasure trove for Democrats (and exasperated conservatives) looking for perfectly bite-sized, tweetable nuggets.’
- ‘Memes, data, information get filtered through multiple channels these days, instantly and so the ones that get through to most people are the ones that are shocking and "tweetable."’
- ‘Rubin had many tweetable quotes to share.’
- ‘Twitter is a great way to keep up with his tweetable quotes and blog posts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.