One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A preteen or a young teenager.‘the hot show for tweenagers’
- ‘They star as two of the kids in a cunning casting move designed to appeal to the tweenager crowd.’
- ‘Rules 6 & 7 may feel very pertinent for those of you with tweenagers / teenagers.’
- ‘Though she is a mature woman, her target audience is likely to centre on the lucrative ‘tweenager’ market of 10 to 14-year-olds.’
- ‘Whether Irish, American or German, today's ‘tweenager’ is exposed to 20,000 to 40,000 commercials a year, and up to 8,000 brands a day.’
- ‘The professor argues that tweenagers are influenced by peer pressure and that branding helps them to become part of groups.’
- ‘Apparently tweenagers - 10-13-year-olds - are masters of pester power.’
- ‘The most dangerous toy I encountered as a tweenager was my cousin's new pogo stick.’
- ‘As you can see, the choice of shares for tweenagers is bounded only by your child's personal interests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.