One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A preteen or a young teenager.‘the hot show for tweenagers’
- ‘The professor argues that tweenagers are influenced by peer pressure and that branding helps them to become part of groups.’
- ‘Apparently tweenagers - 10-13-year-olds - are masters of pester power.’
- ‘The most dangerous toy I encountered as a tweenager was my cousin's new pogo stick.’
- ‘Rules 6 & 7 may feel very pertinent for those of you with tweenagers / teenagers.’
- ‘Whether Irish, American or German, today's ‘tweenager’ is exposed to 20,000 to 40,000 commercials a year, and up to 8,000 brands a day.’
- ‘They star as two of the kids in a cunning casting move designed to appeal to the tweenager crowd.’
- ‘As you can see, the choice of shares for tweenagers is bounded only by your child's personal interests.’
- ‘Though she is a mature woman, her target audience is likely to centre on the lucrative ‘tweenager’ market of 10 to 14-year-olds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.