One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Several possible explanations for the presence of two forms, tusked and tuskless, exist: the fossils could be of different species; different ages within a species; or the same species, opposite sexes.’
- ‘In the 1980s their numbers dipped to dangerously low levels due to ivory poaching, but an effort to bring back the tusked mammal has had considerable success.’
- ‘In the 1970s men of rank travelled regularly as far as Santo to obtain tusked boars for their rituals although since Independence in 1980, there has been a resurgence of home-bred tusked boars.’
- ‘The tusked narwhal, white beluga whales and elusive bowhead whale all live off the northern part of this island.’
- ‘Each side acquires wives for the other and redeems their spirits at death by providing their maternal kin with tusked boars and yams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.