One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for tooth shell
- ‘There are approximately 900 species of Scaphopoda, commonly called tusk shells.’
- ‘The nervous system of mollusks varies greatly from group to group; the clams and tusk shells have very simple nervous systems, while the squids, octopuses and some other mollusks have concentrated complex nerve centers and eyes equivalent to vertebrates.’
- ‘In bivalves, chitons, tusk shells and some snails, sperm and eggs are released into the water and fertilisation is external.’
- ‘The Scaphopoda are a distinctive group of molluscs commonly known as the ‘tusk shells’ because their shells are conical and slightly curved to the dorsal side, making the shells look like tiny tusks.’
- ‘The phylum Mollusca also ‘includes lesser known forms such as the chitons, tusk shells, and solenogasters, among others’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.