One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pass the critical point and start to improve.
improve, get better, pick up, look up, perk up, rally, turn a corner, turn the cornerView synonyms
- ‘When it comes to improving public schools, we are turning the corner.’
- ‘Improved communication with the islanders has helped turn the corner.’
- ‘The games industry looks as if it is finally turning the corner.’
- ‘All that is historic mumbo-jumbo as Indonesia now turns the corner and heads for a future that could well be the envy of many.’
- ‘We are now turning the corner and are looking for a turnover of 3.5m next year.’
- ‘We're only just turning the corner but Tuesday was a massive bonus for us.’
- ‘Former pit communities in South Yorkshire hit by the collapse of the mining industry are finally turning the corner after years of decline.’
- ‘Consumption of red meat was now higher than it had been in the last decade, and the industry had turned a corner.’
- ‘Are we turning the corner?’
- ‘We hope that we are turning the corner with the president's tax cuts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.