One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pass the critical point and start to improve.
improve, get better, pick up, look up, perk up, rally, turn a corner, turn the cornerView synonyms
- ‘The games industry looks as if it is finally turning the corner.’
- ‘When it comes to improving public schools, we are turning the corner.’
- ‘Are we turning the corner?’
- ‘Improved communication with the islanders has helped turn the corner.’
- ‘We are now turning the corner and are looking for a turnover of 3.5m next year.’
- ‘We hope that we are turning the corner with the president's tax cuts.’
- ‘We're only just turning the corner but Tuesday was a massive bonus for us.’
- ‘All that is historic mumbo-jumbo as Indonesia now turns the corner and heads for a future that could well be the envy of many.’
- ‘Consumption of red meat was now higher than it had been in the last decade, and the industry had turned a corner.’
- ‘Former pit communities in South Yorkshire hit by the collapse of the mining industry are finally turning the corner after years of decline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.