Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Give evidence for the prosecution.‘persuading one-time gang members to turn state's evidence’
- ‘Personally, I was surprised neither one of them tried to turn state's evidence against the other.’
- ‘I decide to turn state's evidence against the Bamboo Union, in particular against some very senior members on some very serious crimes.’
- ‘Anthony had made a deal with the District Attorney to turn state's evidence and testify against Smith, if they ever caught him.’
- ‘It displays the old left assumption that all state sector workers should turn state's evidence, and state's investigator.’
- ‘They'll either prosecute him or they'll let him roll and turn state's evidence and get some kind of immunity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.