One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause someone to become interested or involved in (something, especially drugs)‘he turned her on to heroin’
- ‘A small town girl meets up with a leather jacket clad stranger who turns her on to the magic of rock n ‘roll.’
- ‘Weatherall has turned Holmes on to much more modern electronica.’
- ‘It still seems rather obscure that you were turned on to this particular video.’
- ‘He has turned me on to so many new interests, as well.’
- ‘I'm interested in making a difference in their life and turning them on to something.’
- ‘If he turns you on to something that genuinely interests you, great.’
- ‘This past summer in LA, he turned me on to what became my favorite places.’
- ‘Recent trips to Europe have turned them on to how avant-garde what they're doing is.’
- ‘She turned me on to so many things.’
- ‘The doctor should really be the one turning you on to this stuff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.