One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A turbocharged diesel engine.
- ‘This latest version improves upon the Brava in a number of key areas, not least of which is its intercooled 2.5-litre turbo diesel.’
- ‘It is driven by a 400 horse power turbo diesel engine, and has slide-out interior suites to create extra living space.’
- ‘At launch, later this year, there will be a choice of two TDCi turbo diesel engines and one petrol.’
- ‘Cobra is powered by a turbo diesel V8 engine which provides 190 hp.’
- ‘Engine choices are either a 1.8 litre petrol or 1.8 turbo diesel, the latter with a choice of two power outputs.’
- ‘There are three JTD turbo diesel common-rail direct-injection engines in the range.’
- ‘The Volvo's turbo diesel engine rocketed them forwards.’
- ‘In today's market that's not good enough; you need to have a high-cube body, a folding passenger seat and the latest word in turbo diesel technology.’
- ‘Unusually, this coupe body is also available with a turbo diesel engine.’
- ‘With the Beetle we did loads of modifications including installing a 1.9 turbo diesel engine and changing the gearbox.’
- ‘The direct injection turbo diesel is borrowed from Peugeot and provides an alternative to the petrol power.’
- ‘Revised suspension and the availability of a superb twin turbo diesel engine are key to the S-Type's appeal.’
- ‘This wide body 5-door version is powered by a new 2.0 litre 16-valve turbo diesel engine.’
- ‘The six-liter, 325-horsepower turbo diesel engine can muscle you up loose inclines and keep you in the passing lane.’
- ‘A 2.5 turbo diesel engine and a six-speed gearbox work in perfect harmony to produce a dynamic drive. A couple of gentle shifts of the sublime gearbox and the car cruises up to speed with beguiling ease.’
- ‘On the combined cycle the turbo diesel returns 64.2mpg, while its CO2 emission levels are an impressive 116g/km.’
- ‘Our tester had the new Cummins High Output turbo diesel, which aside from making sweet music both idling and running, is a great, torquey engine.’
- ‘Power comes from a 2.5 litre six, a 3 litre six or a turbo diesel option.’
- ‘For those not keen on a 2.5-litre diesel there is a choice of other engines, ranging between four and six cylinder petrol and turbo diesel engines.’
- 1.1 A vehicle equipped with a turbo diesel engine.
- ‘And the turbo diesel is right up with the best in its class for mid-range pull, frugal running and low noise levels.’
- ‘I think the common rail turbo diesel type vehicles are going to play a big role in getting rid of that smoke.’
- ‘Of especial interest to company car drivers will be last year's launch of a 2.2-litre common-rail turbo diesel.’
- ‘The turbo diesel comes as standard with a 6-speed manual gearbox.’
- ‘They were off to the airport; the taxi was late so I offered them a ride in the 5 Series turbo diesel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.