One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An underwater current flowing swiftly downslope owing to the weight of sediment it carries.
- ‘Individual beds are well graded and show sedimentary structures indicative of deposition by turbidity currents.’
- ‘Both turbidite units are sand rich, and typically interpreted as the deposits of high-density turbidity currents.’
- ‘Shepard was a member of the team which attempted to generate a turbidity current at the head of the Scripps Submarine Canyon.’
- ‘The sands were emplaced by turbidity currents sourced from a delta system.’
- ‘High-density volcaniclastic turbidity current deposits locally dominate the base of the succession and indicate steep slope gradients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.