One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See turban‘bearded and turbaned Sikhs’
- ‘For barefoot boys as young as four in tatty shirts, to turbaned men in their sixties, football is a passion.’
- ‘Wilson contrasts these turbanned and elegant Moors of yesteryear with today's Africans in Venice, who look like all hip global youth, in a wall of telling photographic details.’
- ‘We had reached a marketplace that was bustling with people; women with covered heads and faces, turbanned men carrying swords in sheaths.’
- ‘So many turbaned and veiled well wishers, all agreed she'd made a fine catch.’
- ‘There were Berber men with daggers and turbaned heads, and women with colourful headscarves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.