The production or formation of a tumor or tumors.
- ‘These lesions are found particularly in experimental studies evaluating tumorigenesis development.’
- ‘These pathways appear to be critical targets during tumorigenesis.’
- ‘Several genetic alterations to tumor suppressor genes have been shown to play a major role in tumorigenesis.’
- ‘Several hypotheses have been made to explain glial tumorigenesis and evolution.’
- ‘Solar radiation may also be a factor in tumorigenesis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.