One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dry (washed clothes) by spinning them in hot air inside a dryer.
- ‘No-one in my family likes the feel of jeans when they've been tumble-dried so I brave the cold to hang them up.’
- ‘The bedding can be washed in a washing machine and tumble-dried, if necessary.’
- ‘I thought they were a bit tight when I put them on, but then they always are after I've washed and tumble-dried them.’
- ‘I wash and tumble-dry everything over the weekend.’
- ‘Their uniforms are washed and tumble-dried every night, but on the way to school they find everything they can to get as dirty as possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.