- another term for holy basil
- ‘Since Hindus believe that death cannot harm the immortal soul, a dying person is administered a tulsi leaf and water.’
- ‘Stephanos remembers the tulsi seen outside temples whenever he sees the basil in Cyprus.’
- ‘She had few rules for us but one was to stay away from the tulsi, which we could never seem to do.’
- ‘I follow her down the staircase into the garden for the tulsi, incessantly ringing the bell in my hand.’
- ‘They would just grind a tulsi leaf or some other herb collected from the garden.’
From Hindi tūlsī.