One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sedative and hypnotic drug consisting of a combination of the barbiturates amobarbital and secobarbital.
- ‘The most commonly abused Barbiturates are prescribed under the brand names Seconal and Tuinal (Amobarbital and Secobarbital).’
- ‘Over a period of years she was prescribed the barbiturate-based medication, Tuinal, for her depression.’
- ‘Seconal and Tuinal are dangerous drugs because of the risk of overdose, seizures following sudden withdrawal and hypothermia.’
- ‘Barbiturates are sleeping pills and include Tuinal, Seconal and Nembutal.’
- ‘And he deduced Tuinal poisoning by seeing a capsule of Tuinal stuck between the patient toes!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.