A completely enclosed tire cemented on to the wheel rim, used on racing bicycles.
- ‘Once relegated to those racers who competed on tubular tires, this new breed of all-carbon clinchers promises to provide near - 1000 gram wheelsets to those who prefer the convenience of clincher tires.’
- ‘They specialize in refurbishing tubular tires with new tubes.’
- ‘Tube-type clinchers or tubular tires, on the other hand, can often go flat in a matter of seconds!’
- ‘With similar quality construction, the tubular tire and rim will be lighter and will hold more pressure.’
- ‘The requirements of a rim for clincher tires are completely different from those of a rim for tubular tires.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.