One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Resembling tuberculosis or its symptoms.
- ‘In experimental studies, it has been observed that vaccination does not prevent infection but modifies the course of the disease and the pathology towards tuberculoid and regressive forms containing few bacteria.’
- ‘There are many other conditions that are characterized histologically by a tuberculoid type of tissue reaction.’
- 1.1 Relating to or denoting the milder of the two principal forms of leprosy, marked by few, well-defined lesions similar to those of tuberculosis, often with loss of feeling in the affected areas.Compare with lepromatous
- ‘While patients with tuberculoid leprosy have only a few organisms, those with lepromatous leprosy have abundant bacteria.’
- ‘A typical treatment course for Hansen's disease involves multiple drug therapy with dapsone and rifampin for three to five years in patients with tuberculoid leprosy, and for life in patients with lepromatous leprosy.’
- ‘Borderline leprosy shows an intermediate appearance between the tuberculoid and lepromatous types.’
- ‘The differential diagnoses in this case are tuberculoid leprosy and rhinophyma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.