One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to or affected with tuberculosis.‘a tubercular kidney’
- ‘In conclusion, PCR can be used as an additional test for detecting M. tuberculosis in patients with tubercular pleuritis because conventional methods have low sensitivity.’
- ‘In acute miliary tubercular mastitis breast disease is a part of a generalized miliary tuberculosis.’
- ‘Death rates from silicosis, miners' phthisis, and tubercular diseases were very high on the Rand.’
- ‘A separate section of pyogenic, tubercular and brucella infection of the spine is included.’
- ‘He came to Britain, working in Cardiff, where he obtained the diploma in tubercular diseases, and later returned to India.’
- 1.1Biology Having or covered with tubercles.
- ‘Pearl used statistical methods to determine whether tubercular lesions found during these autopsies were correlated with cancer.’
- ‘All 8 patients of tubercular breast abscess responded to repeat aspiration in conjunction with ATT.’
- ‘A tubercular growth center of appropriate size could produce a simple barb-like element, with cortex and medulla.’
A person with tuberculosis.
- ‘The proof of the defendant showed that he was a tubercular and at the time of the trial was awaiting transportation to the tuberculosis sanitarium for treatment.’
- ‘In the mythology, 'the dying tubercular is pictured as made more beautiful and more soulful'.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.