One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A round cake pan with a hollow, cone-shaped center, used for baking ring-shaped cakes.
- ‘Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.’
- ‘Place fresh cranberries in the bottom of an 8-inch fluted tube pan, then arrange sprigs of evergreens around the rim of the pan on top of the cranberries.’
- ‘Dip the balls in butter and arrange evenly in a greased 9-in. fluted tube pan.’
- ‘She confirms the theory that the shape of the loaf, suggesting a statuesque matron, gave the bread its name and that the fluted tube pan used resembles the skirt of a peasant woman.’
- ‘Spread half of batter in greased 10-inch tube pan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.