One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A round cake pan with a hollow, cone-shaped center, used for baking ring-shaped cakes.
- ‘Spread half of batter in greased 10-inch tube pan.’
- ‘Dip the balls in butter and arrange evenly in a greased 9-in. fluted tube pan.’
- ‘She confirms the theory that the shape of the loaf, suggesting a statuesque matron, gave the bread its name and that the fluted tube pan used resembles the skirt of a peasant woman.’
- ‘Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.’
- ‘Place fresh cranberries in the bottom of an 8-inch fluted tube pan, then arrange sprigs of evergreens around the rim of the pan on top of the cranberries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.