One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A surgical procedure for female sterilization which involves severing and tying the fallopian tubes.
- ‘Female sterilisation involves blocking or cutting the fallopian tubes that carry the egg from the ovaries to the womb, a procedure known as tubal ligation.’
- ‘A tubal ligation is a surgical sterilization technique for women in which the fallopian tubes are closed or tied.’
- ‘The surgeon also completed a tubal ligation during the procedure.’
- ‘Operations on women are commonly called tubal ligation, as the procedures aim to occlude or ‘ligate’ the Fallopian tubes.’
- ‘None the less, for various reasons, vasectomy procedures are less common than tubal ligation procedures in most countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.