One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or occurring in a tube, especially the fallopian tubes.
- ‘In nulliparous women, in the upright position, their long axis is vertical; it has lateral and mesial surfaces, tubal and uterine extremities and mesovarian and free borders.’
- ‘The ectopic pregnancy rate is approximately 5-8% following tubal anastomsis surgery and this generally requires removal of the fallopian tube if it occurs.’
- ‘This fills the uterine cavity, and, with the use of a small telescope inserted into the abdomen, dye will be seen flowing from the tubal opening at the ovary if the tube is patent.’
- ‘Endosalpingiosis is the ectopic placement of glands lined by tubal epithelium.’
- ‘Endometriosis, tubal surgery and pelvic surgery result in pelvic and tubal adhesions and abnormal tubal function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.