Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or occurring in a tube, especially the fallopian tubes.
- ‘In nulliparous women, in the upright position, their long axis is vertical; it has lateral and mesial surfaces, tubal and uterine extremities and mesovarian and free borders.’
- ‘This fills the uterine cavity, and, with the use of a small telescope inserted into the abdomen, dye will be seen flowing from the tubal opening at the ovary if the tube is patent.’
- ‘Endometriosis, tubal surgery and pelvic surgery result in pelvic and tubal adhesions and abnormal tubal function.’
- ‘The ectopic pregnancy rate is approximately 5-8% following tubal anastomsis surgery and this generally requires removal of the fallopian tube if it occurs.’
- ‘Endosalpingiosis is the ectopic placement of glands lined by tubal epithelium.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.