One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Japanese sword guard, typically elaborately decorated and made of steel.
- ‘Thus the Japanese sword tsuba became an elaborate piece of art - far beyond its practical use.’
- ‘Like netsuke or tsuba, old firefighter jackets have turned into collectibles.’
- ‘A tsuba is the hand guard mounted on a Japanese sword.’
- ‘The are three commonly used mounting styles: The tanto with a guard called a tsuba; the aikuchi style with no guard; and the hamadashi style with a small guard.’
- ‘The left hand takes control of the sword by holding the tsuba and the right hand passes down the side, smoothing the sageo as it goes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.