One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- variant spelling of sassaby
- ‘Although the topi and the tsessebe are classified as the same species there are a few cosmetic differences.’
- ‘There are some ranches that have tsessebe and we can only hope that in the long run there will be excess numbers to restock depleted areas where the species occurs naturally.’
- ‘Tsessebe are reputed to be the swiftest of the African antelope.’
- ‘Most antelopes are good runners (the S. African sassaby, for example, is said to be faster than any horse) and many of them graze in herds on plains.’
Mid 19th century: from Setswana.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.