One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘The third period began with the fall of tsarist Russia in 1918.’
- ‘Assisted by the Germans, who hoped that he would undermine the Russian war effort, Lenin returned home and started working against the provisional government which had replaced the tsarist regime.’
- ‘The Stalinist leadership rehabilitated prerevolutionary military and cultural figures, while championing the Soviet state as the natural heir of the tsarist empire.’
- ‘When, in 1809, Finland became a grand duchy of the tsarist empire, the first seeds of national self-consciousness were sown.’
- ‘His maternal grandfather, who fled Russia to avoid conscription by the tsarist army, was a Hebrew scholar, mystic, mathematician, and inventor who made boots and shoes for a living.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.