One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Or would the overthrow of tsarism, the establishment of a democratic republic and the beginning of the transition to socialism proceed on the basis of the growth of Russian capitalism and the emergence of a modern industrial proletariat?’
- ‘But he should have considered the possibility - if only to reject it - that tsarism could have given way not to Bolshevism but to ‘liberal democracy,’ ‘social democracy’ or ‘peasant democracy.’’
- ‘Only the united Balkan peoples can give a real rebuff to the shameless pretensions of tsarism and European imperialism.’
- ‘In the development of the revolutionary struggle against tsarism, what would be the relationship between the major classes opposed to tsarism - the bourgeoisie, peasantry and working class?’
- ‘The most significant aspect of the Russian Revolution was the dominant political role played by the proletariat in the struggle against tsarism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.