One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They were similar to the revolutionaries of tsarist Russia, who also had diverse views of what would happen to their country after the end of tsardom.’
- ‘Attempts by tsardom to court the reformist intelligentsia were replaced by a military dictatorship.’
- ‘The distinctive feature of the Russian tsardom was that, after the fall of Constantinople, it was the only remaining independent Orthodox Christian principality.’
- ‘The notion of despotism masquerading as liberation was part of the Victorian liberal stereotype of tsardom.’
- ‘I can find no evidence that any of the tsars are doing this but plenty of evidence that colleagues think it a risk of tsardom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.