One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound, of which serotonin is a derivative, produced from tryptophan by decarboxylation.
- ‘They suggested that elevations in serotonin and tryptamine were responsible for the clinical symptoms see with this syndrome.’
- ‘The yucca phenotype derives from overexpression of a flavin monooxygenase like enzyme that oxidizes tryptamine to N-hydroxyl-tryptamine in vitro.’
- ‘Studies of this FMO-like enzyme in yucca revealed that the enzyme most likely catalyzes the oxygenation of the compound tryptamine.’
- ‘These include tyramine, tryptamine, phenylethylamine, and serotonin.’
- ‘Eating DMT fails because monoamine oxidase in the gut metabolises the tryptamine into secondary compounds which lack any psychoactivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.