One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any tropical disease caused by trypanosomes and typically transmitted by biting insects, especially sleeping sickness and Chagas' disease.
- ‘How people use their environments has profoundly affected diseases like malaria and trypanosomiasis.’
- ‘Without medical treatment, sleeping sickness - or trypanosomiasis - is always fatal.’
- ‘Human African trypanosomiasis or sleeping sickness is one of the most important but equally most neglected tropical infections.’
- ‘In terms of public health and economic impact, American trypanosomiasis (Chagas' disease) is the most important parasitic infection in Latin America.’
- ‘The relentless spread of disease in central Africa contrasts with the remarkable recent success of control programmes in South American trypanosomiasis (Chagas' disease).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.